building ideas / david baird
View our portfolio
- Interior Design
- Urban Planning
Who we areWHAT WE DO
• Architecture: Design for new buildings, renovations and additions. We offer Design, Specifications, Construction Administration, and Systems Integration.
• Planning: We provide planning for Educational, Corporate and Medical Campuses; Urban and Suburban Districts; and Town Centers.
• Interior Design: Design for Medical and Corporate Office Suites, as well as Custom Residential Interiors. We provide Needs Assessment, Space Planning, Design, Finishes and Furniture Selection.
• Strategic Consulting: We offer services to help you jump-start a project, such as Feasibility Studies, Needs Assessments, and Existing Building Evaluations.
• Specialty Consulting: We provide consulting in Acoustics, Theater Design, Architectural Lighting Design, and Historic Renovation.
• Sustainable Design: We design every built environment to minimize the use of non-renewable energies and materials, and to maximize the use of renewable energies and materials.
We have experience in most project types, including Civic and Cultural, Education, Healthcare, Corporate, Residential, and Retail.
Meet Our Team »
PhilosophyHOW WE DO IT
We achieve high performance built environments through a process of close collaboration with our Clients and Contractors, and through our use of Building information Modeling. Our process gives us the ability to take the efficiency of streamlined collaboration and design technology, and apply it to the achievement of a better, more sustainable built environment.
Collaboration: We encourage the open exchange of ideas and information. We strive to understand the issues and concerns of all stakeholders. Through collaboration, we help you set realistic goals for your project's size, cost, timing, function and aesthetic.
Integrated Project Delivery: The client's goals have been established. The project team of Architect, Contractor and Owner has been assembled. When these goals and team players are established early in the project, we can continue the team collaboration from the start of the project to final construction. This collaboration is called Integrated Project Delivery (IPD). We have utilized IPD effectively on projects small and large, from retrofits to new construction, and for residential and commercial clients. By working as a team of Contractor, Architect and Owner, the client's wants and needs are effectively weighed against the realities (time and money), as the project progresses. This allows for the best decisions to be made at the right times. This ensures that your project will receive the right mix of quality and value.
Building Information Modeling: Using Building Information Modeling (BIM), we build your project as a virtual digital model from your project's start. This enables us to explore your building ideas three-dimensionally from the very beginning. Viewing your building idea on the computer screen, you can "walk through" your project, experiencing it in space realistically. This makes getting to the right building solution faster and easier. It saves you time and money, and ensures that you get the built solution that you want.
We have used BIM to create design solutions for houses and commercial buildings, for retrofits and additions, at no extra time or cost to our clients. This leads to the construction of an excellent built environment that works for you.